She said - of course!!

on Sunday, March 22, 2009

We're engaged! I proposed this last Thursday and looking forward to June 20th at the Salt Lake Temple!

We have had the date set for a couple weeks but Amber was (somewhat) patiently : ) waiting for me to get a ring and officially propose before we let anyone else know. The ring wasn't going to be ready for another week or two so I took things into my own hands and bought a 'temp' ring at Smith's Marketplace and custom sized it with a hacksaw and pliers. It still looked pretty good!

We went and sat on the lawn of the Draper temple at dusk overlooking the salt lake valley and looked through this book. It kinda goes through our dating life and ends...

(Where we first met- at lunch w/friends on temple square)


There were so many things going on in my head: turn the page, how many pages are left?, pull the ring out of my pocket, give her a kiss, try not to let her know I'm pulling the ring out, oh she noticed I'm pulling the ring out, forget that, remember what I'm going to say, look her in the eyes, etc etc... that I forgot to get on one knee! But, she looked past that and said.. "of course! I'm so glad you asked!"

I'm just basking in it! It's so awesome that there's a rock on Amber Ann's hand! I'll take it any day, or how about for the rest of my life!? ..and then some!

11 comments:

Our Family said...

Congratulations!! We are very happy and excited for you!

The Bergmans said...

Congradulations! We are so excited for you! You guys are are such a cute couple!

Smart Family said...

Congratulations! We wish we could be with you. We love you!

Carolyn said...

Mike!!! I squealed when I saw this was updated. I sighed when I saw the title. I cried when I went through it! I am so so so so so excited!! I can't wait to meet Amber and give her a real "Aunt Carolyn hug"! Brace yourself Amber!! I am so happy for you guys! Enjoy this journey!! You deserve every minute of it!!

Love, your Aunt Carolyn

Amber Penrod said...

Ahhhh it really was so sweet, even if you forgot the whole knee thing...And just to clarify for everyone else...he did get me a real ring the next night and DID get down on one knee and ask if I would marry him..."AGAIN"! LOVE YOU!

Luke, Katie, Maddy, Paige, Bailey and Hayden said...

CONGRATS MIKEY! im so excited for you two! :o)

Jessie said...

Congratulations Mike! I am so happy for you. She is beautiful and seems like the perfect "Mike girl." I found your blog through Shannon's and I am glad to hear of such wonderful news. Erik and I were also married in June. whoa and I think (although I can never remember dates exactly) he proposed 4 years ago to this day (March 23). Crazy! Oh, I also liked seeing pictures of your family... they have sure grown up. What a cute family. Wahoo, your getting married!

Devin said...

I'm so excited for you Mike! I miss being able to have long talks with you. :(

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for the two of you!!!

Kevin Ashton said...

Cute story man. That's awesome! I'm happy for ya :)

Kare Bear said...

I am so excited for you both. Congrats!!! You will have to show me some tips on Photoshop. Your pictures are soooo good. I'm sitting here blown away!