The internship is coming to an end this next week. For the last year I have been interning at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a Jr. IT Program Manager. The experience has been AMAZING!! I could not have hoped for anything better. I worked under 7 very respected and knowledgeable program managers and was involved in some exciting projects. I'll copy from the resume some of my experiences:
- Managed a team of 5 engineers in a 4 month project involving the transferring of over 17,000 key organizational records into a new system.
- Recruited and interviewed job candidates which led to the hiring of 2 employees.
- Trained and supported Church leadership in the use of MS Outlook.
- Individually assisted more than 80 Church leaders in the implementation of a new program.
- Programmed a visual reporting tool that saves an estimated 800 hours per year of combined employee time.
There are 3 more classes that I have to take so at the disgust of many family and friends I've registered at the University of Utah to take my capstone class and will take the other 2 online through BYUI. I AM EXCITED! I love Salt Lake and look forward to pursuing my career while I finish out school. Not to mention, I won't have to drive 8 hours for every date I go on w/Amber!I've applied for a few jobs and received one offer doing audiovisual work for the Church, waiting to hear back on another position though before I accept it. It's a blessing to have these opportunities; my first focus is definitely school but if I can love my job while doing it, I'll take it! I should have a job sorted out by the end of this week. I'll keep you posted... maybe.
3 comments:
I don't know about that logo with the big red U... It's like we are taking something good (BYU-Idaho) and polluting it somehow... ;)
I would have to agree with Kevin...although if it means you stay in SLC I am the Utes biggest fan!! (For ONLY one semester of course)!!!
Mike, how awesome is all that!! It's just because you are awesome!! I'm not like the family who are giving you a hard time about U of U. I say GO FOR IT!! I'm so proud of you. I just have one request. We need some pictures here of you and that cute Amber. I mean, come on! I'm all the way over the ocean and I need to see more, so what do you say? Eh?
Post a Comment