adopt a cougar

on Thursday, March 6, 2008

We went down to Provo last night, supporting the "Adopt-a-Cougar" program. I joined because I'm way impressed of how much an impact it can have on society... just a good cause.



All 20 of us (friends from the LDS frat) arrived at the Wilkinson Center with high hopes. Ryan and I paired off in search of lady cougars - we found two getting ice cream. Rejection 1... they were going to the BYU/Wyoming basketball game.

No frets, the next two were in the same area. We initiated conversation and talked for about 5 minutes. Finally when it came down to asking them on a date one of the girls pulls her hand out of her pocket... a rock! She was married; Rejection 2.

Two cougars sitting on a table doing homework were our next hope... Rejection 3 - they were studying for a test that they had to take that night.

Then we walked past the student computers and saw two girls there. This time we took the assertive approach. I went up to them and said: hey - we're going to get pizza in 2 minutes, do you want to come? Oh, and my name's Mike and this is Ryan. Un-Rejection 1.

Good pizza - good times. Adopt a Cougar is where we from Salt Lake go down to Provo and show the cougars how a "real man" treats a girl. No holding hands on the first date, no proposals, just a fun date. If you're looking to get into service, I highly recommend this one.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That sounds like such a funny program -- too bad it probably wouldn't work so well for the reverse.... hum or would it?

Anonymous said...

all i can say is... OH MY! you should come back to the burg and teach boys here how to date! :)

TiAnA said...

i agree with Jes!!